Friday 15th February 2019 6:15pm – Boardroom, St Paul’s Medical Centre and on Facebook.
Would you like to get involved?
The aim of the this very informal and friendly group, which is open to patients of all ages and backgrounds (children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult) is to provide a forum by which patients can give their views on various aspects of the services we provide, and make a real contribution to service development and quality improvement. To give you an idea, here are some of the ways the group has helped us:
- Development of a bereavement letter and pack to support patients
- Improved information about prescriptions ordering and medicines management
- Improved telephone access through the call attendant
- Ideas for reducing appointments lost through patients failing to attend
- Development of ‘terms and conditions’ to clarify practice and patient responsibilities
- Feedback on use of new technology including Facebook and MyGP app.
We meet around 4 times per year and talk through any issues members wish to raise as well as ideas and suggestions for how to improve our services and the patient experience. Members are not expected to undertake any tasks outside of the meetings as a rule, although volunteers are always welcome!
You can take part in a Patient Reference Group without having to attend meetings. We are now able to broadcast meetings on Facebook to our closed Patient Reference Group. Visit the St Paul’s Medical Centre Facebook page to join.
We also welcome your views, suggestions and ideas via email: st.pauls.medicalce[email protected], post or using the suggestions form available in the waiting room.
Keep an eye on our News bulletins for updates from the Patient Reference Groups!