From 7th October 2019 pharmacies will not be able to order on your behalf .
2nd September 2019
Re: Important change to ordering repeat prescriptions
NHS Blackpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has asked us to change how repeat prescriptions can be ordered, in line with the rest of Lancashire and the wider UK.
From 7th October 2019 a pharmacy will not be able to order repeat prescriptions on your behalf. You or your carer must order the medicines you need using any of the following methods:
- MyGP app – if you have a smart phone or iPad (download from your usual app store)
- Patient Access – secure online service (visit https://app.patientaccess.com/registration/create)
- Email to [email protected] our dedicated prescription email address
- Drop off or post the re-order slip, selecting only the items you need. If you don’t have your slip from your last prescription, you can use one of our request forms or simply write a list
- Telephone 01253 623896 – select option 1 followed by option 3 – our phone lines get very busy, so please use one of the other alternatives if you can.
Where possible you should re-order when you have a week’s medicines left. We need 2 working days to process the prescription before the pharmacy can obtain and dispense the medicines. Please give a reason if you need to order early, for example if you are going on holiday.
If you have nominated a pharmacy, we can send prescriptions directly to them by the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS), which is the quickest and safest way. To make a nomination, let us know which pharmacy (including branch) you wish to use. Your pharmacy will continue to deliver your medicines to you if you have this arrangement with them.
If you feel you might need support ordering your repeat prescription or you are a carer for someone who might need help, please ask to speak to the prescriptions clerk or practice pharmacist.
Taking control and responsibility for your own medication has proved to be safer and reduce waste, saving money that can be used for services to improve the health of people in Blackpool.
If you have any questions regarding this change, please contact the Medicines Optimisation Team at NHS Blackpool CCG on 01253 955480.
Drs Scott, Rudnick, Straker-Bennett, Ganti, Momin and Cunliffe
**If you are eligible for flu vaccination and have not yet booked your appointment – contact us NOW or book online via the MyGP app**